hot-stories

Posted by : Unknown Jan 24, 2011


Before the release of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Legendary Collection, we held a contest to celebrate beginnings. Not just the beginning of Yu-Gi-Oh! itself, but also the stories of how you all started your journeys as a Duelist. We received a lot of stories, but there was one that stood out above the rest for us as a great example of how Yu-Gi-Oh! can bring people closer together and have a positive influence on their lives. This is the legend of Matt McGuirk…
“My legend began about 5 years ago when I was 6 years old. My dad and I would go in the comic book store every Friday to buy comics and the other kids would be playing Yu-Gi-Oh. We then started watching the tv show every Saturday morning together. We finally bought cards and went to the store on Friday, and I played with Mike Kohanim and Bobby Chambers, two Jump champions! They taught me and my dad how to play. Since that time we still go to the comic book store  and regionals to both play Yu-Gi-Oh. My dad likes to play crazy decks nobody plays and I like to make up my own stuff too. Since then I have met and played many great players who help me get better. There is nothing I could imagine doing on a Friday afternoon that would be as much fun as going to the Comic Book Depot to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
Not only is my Yu-Gi-Oh legend about cards it was about meeting many friends and spending more time with my dad.”
-Matt
For sharing his great story with us, Matt is receiving his very own Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Legendary Collection. Congratulations to him, and thanks to all of you who submitted your own legends!

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Yu-Gi-Oh! Secrets - - Powered by Blogger - -